Monday 25 April 2016

In which auntie considers her place in the workforce

I have been asked by one of the marketing managers at work to join LinkedIn. They feel my profile needs raising. I have had a look, am I missing something or is it showing off for grown ups? I have signed up as we know compliance is aunties middle name and  I have duly added enough characters about myself to make a short tweet, auntie no likey the showy offy.

Anyhoo, I now get emails from LinkedIn asking me if I know people. This mornings selection included a chap who I booked a taxi from in 2013, a man who sells office furniture and my ex husband.

Sometimes you have to concede the point to the marketing johnnies don't you? 

Ps - feel free to connect with me, I need all the help I can get


10 comments:

Looking for Blue Sky said...

I don't really get the point of Linked In, even though I've been on there for years! And I'm no good at finding people either... but, as per usual, I'm ridiculously easy to find.

Mac n' Janet said...

I blog, I Twitter, I Facebook, I Tumblr and just started Instagram, enough is enough.
Old students have found me on Facebook and it's weird.

ADDY said...

I'm just getting used to using electricity - all these airy fairy sites mean nothing to me! ;-)

auntiegwen said...

Lfbs - I don't really know why my profile needs raising, I just do what I'm told! X
M & j - I love Instagram but I get sad when people don't like my photos
Addy - stress not yourself Note Bene will be along in a bit to e plain to us middle aged :)

Trish said...

I didn't know you were on Instagram - will try and find you.
Linked In is a mystery to me. Maybe it's only of use if you're looking for a job (are your bosses trying to tell you something??)

Gigi said...

LinkedIn befuddles me. And the really weird part? I'm not even ON LinkedIn but get random requests from people I don't even know to follow (is that the right word?) them on it. It makes me crazy.

If my real self ever finds myself on LinkedIn, I will be sure to come find you!

Ayak said...

I am somehow on Linkedin but I suspect it was years ago when I was more of a pc numpty than I am now so joined without knowing what I was doing. I've never used it but still keep getting emails. Same with Pinterest and Twitter...never use them. I have enough trouble managing Facebook.

auntiegwen said...

Trish - maybe they're trying to get rid of me?!?, I'm on instagram under my real name

Gigi - I used to get that too, I think people are just looking to see if you're there?
Ayak - I know, hard to keep it up when you have to do life as well!

martine said...

Yes, Facebook keeps suggesting I be friends with my ex husband ... never going to happen!

auntiegwen said...

Martine - I get that too