Wednesday 13 April 2011

Don't stop believing

Own up now, who's singing along now? and who's cursing their auntie for putting that tune in their head all day?

Ahem,

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I shall begin.

Once upon a time, there was an auntie, who blogged about being fat, how her children could outsmart her and her great longing for The White Company life. Only a few posts ago, she blogged about random acts of kindness and how they made her cheery. It's quite a job being cheery with the 3 work shy beautiful children and Hot Boy that auntie has, auntie has to work at it. It's why she blogs, because only the lovely readers actually keep her sane.

And lo and behold, as a reward for reading blogs and leaving comments she was visited by the Fairy Blogfather. Via Kellogsville, who also reads blogs and leaves comments. A great big thank you to you, Kellogsville, my dear.

And he bestowethed (shut up, that is a word, and if it wasn't before, it is now, made up all by my very own self) upon her the gift of Amazon. Not the river, it'd be a bugger to wrap.

This made her even more cheerful. More cheerful that when she looked at the 10 day forecast for her upcoming holiday and seen a big row of shiny suns. And that made auntie extremely cheery.

And to share this good fortune around, the Fairy Blogfather, who in his day job works for a company called appliancesonline and in his alter ego floats the bloggesphere dispensing £20 Amazon vouchers would like you to go look at his cookers (not a euphanism) and also leave a comment. Go on now, click HERE and go look at the cookers, I'll wait here till you get back. Okay, comment away and maybe the Fairy Blogfather will choose you next.

What a cool job, reading blogs and giving out vouchers, I know what I want to be when I grow up.

And shame on all of you who didn't believe in fairies, till now.

20 comments:

Gigi said...

Oh, I've always believed in fairies but never knew there was a Blog Fairy!

Yay for you! If anyone deserves to have a gift bestowethed upon them, it would be you! Congrats! x

Trish said...

He came to visit me a few weeks ago too. He's a very busy fairy.

I believe....I believe!!

Shiny said...

There's a Blog Fairy? Oh, how I wish he'd come to the wilds of Africa and visit us, bestowething gifts as he goes! x

AGuidingLife said...

I'm really rather happy you were bestowethed on. Enjoy your sunlounging :)

Looking for Blue Sky said...

Oh I believe in fairies, glad this one found you x

Helena said...

I'll need a new gas oven (unlit) to rid that bloody song from my head, now!!

Sunny hunny holiday wishes...XxXxX

diney said...

I really did go and look at the fairy's web site (hope he doesn't get offended!) and now am closing my eyes tightly and believing and nowldjfhua; kdfha oops! still got eyes closed and couldn't see.... I believe!! Come show yourself to me!!

Curry Queen said...

Does this man know that you have been calling him a Fairy?

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I looked at this website last week as I want to buy a new fridge freezer....so, being a frugal person I trawled currys and comets and even John Lewis(my fave!)...noted down the appliance number and then, as I am now jobless thanks to you ya fecker Mr Osbourne...I trawled the internet looking for cheap deals...The same fridge was over £200 cheaper on this site! How good is that?! I will now buy the fridge - hotpoint FF7190EP...look at it and lust ladies...mxx

Rarelesserspotted said...

Great blog, 'bestowethed!' - lol
XX

Taz said...

My what lovely shiny cookers that yon blog fairy has ;)

Sandi said...

One step ahead of you auntie, I had already hit the 'like' button on facebook with this one a couple of weeks ago, they haven't coughed up (bestowethed) a voucher yet tho' :(
I believe in fairies, one visited here once (as you just read on my blog) Oh sunny days all in a row, what a brilliant holiday you will have. I'm glad we can make you happy cos you sure do make us happy :)
x Sandi

Nota Bene said...

You're trying to tell me he's a Fairy and a Father too? You're away with the fairies you are...

Wylye Girl said...

Oh arse! I wish he'd bestowed on me a 20 quid voucher before I bought my washing machine from his website last month!

Does he know the Garden Fairy by any chance? I'd really like her to pay a visit

Andy said...

Is there a Toyota fairy?

libby said...

Fabulous! XX

A Woman Of No Importance said...

I want the Sony Vaio faery to visit me - Shame all I seem to get is folks who want me to advertise their stuff on space on my blog... No Amazon River in sight!

You are lovely, BAGgie, you make me laugh and snort - It's very attractive, I swear... xxx

magento themes said...

Really a cute tale...Very nice to know about this Blog fairy.

Anonymous said...

Somehow I don't think you will ever grow up! :)

Madame DeFarge said...

I'd like to be visited by the Apple fairy.