Monday 11 April 2011

In which I reflect on why I'm tired

On Friday, I did a full days work, drove 200 miles and got stressed about parking taking the children to see Peter Kay. On Saturday morning I was back to being a bad mummy for not driving BBD the mile to cheerleading in the blazing sunshine, so I got up and walked with her, rather than sit in the sunshine with my book, I know, that is matenal devotion personified, isn't it? So we walk and this was the focus of the conversation.

BBD - I'm so looking forward to Hot Boy coming on holiday with us, it'll be so much better with someone else there, you're so boring on holiday, all you want to do is relax and read your book.

ag - when you're a Mummy you'll realise it's because it's tiring being a single parent with 3 kids and a Hot Boy, a job, a house that no one else cleans, laundry, ironing, shopping, heating up (I don't even bother now to pretend to t'internets I cook) and driving service, a cash machine, a sorter out of problems and a referee for all your disagreements

BBD - God Mummy, it's not like we don't appreciate you.

I won't bother telling you about my raised eyebrow at this, you can put that bit in yourself.

Saturday evening - my only Saturday evening without the 2 younger children this month, my night off, if you please, I arrange to meet best friend in the pub for wine and food and probably a moan about my weans. Just as I'm about to leave, EBD floats in and enquires where I'm off to, on being told the pub starts to pout.

EBD - Mummy I can't be on my own now, I've got too used to being in Halls where everyone is around all the time, Hot Boy got a free ticket to see The Vaccines and I've got no one to play with.

Oh you so know I took EBD to the pub, where she got free food and wine and she got to moan about how crap it is to be a student.

Nope, I've no idea why I'm tired either.

12 comments:

Sueann said...

Gee! I can't see why you are so tired!!?? I mean, seriously...HA!
You need a "mommy needs to be alone weekend" for sure!!
Hugging you
SueAnn

Andy said...

I hope you had your step counter on for the trek to cheerleading....

libby said...

But you can pat yourself on the back for being a great mom...one day they will all be out of your hair and you can have lots of 'me' time...(not 'me' as in libby..you know what I mean...)so just hang in there xxx

AGuidingLife said...

Would it have been wrong to tether her to a post outside and occasionally throw her a biscuit? This whole parenting can do/can't do often baffles me!

Anonymous said...

This all sounds painfully familiar, and I am not even a Mummy!

Just a mere laundry doing, ironing on demand, bread and butter making, driving round and horse looking after step(ish) dad!

Must be time for my lie down now.....

Nota Bene said...

No doubt, no doubt she'll ne taking you off to a gig at college soon to show you how much she appreciated you...

Rarelesserspotted said...

They are brilliant aren't they!

Anonymous said...

It's a right pain sometimes isn't it; we shouldn't have joined! It's harder on your own because there is no one to share it with. Lenin is back home now and still wondering why I haven't taken her to the pub yet. On friday I was supposed to be going out with my sister in law and bloody Attila passed out at a friend's house (not the first time - she will keep going out without eating) so I had to belt home to collect her and missed my night out.

Gigi said...

Oh love, I feel your pain - and I only have one child! He *says* he appreciates me - but somehow I doubt it. He will realize it when he goes off to school. . . I hope.

Looking for Blue Sky said...

Oh yes my kids appreciate me...and the more I do for them the more they 'appreciate' me :)

diney said...

But nice that she wanted to be with you.... am I trying to look too much on the bright side? I heard Peter Kaye was brilliant

Taz said...

What happened to the days you left the kids sat outside with a bottle of lemonade and a bag of crisps?