Wednesday 31 January 2007

Technology

I am the most technophobic person in the world. For the last few days I've been unable to access my email and my blog due to my sheer incompetence, I'm very pleased that I have now resolved this problem. Like any self respecting technophobe, I bribed a teenager to fix it for me.

I've always had problems like this, I find it difficult to programme the video, I can't reset the clock in my car when the clocks change, so I just add on an hour, only in the last few months have I been able to text with punctuation ( and thats a bit hit and miss) and I really struggle with the computer, eldest beautiful daughter helps me find files and even types and prints work things for me. When I left my lights on in my car and drained the battery, the radio didn't come back on so now I only listen to cd's because I can't tune the radio and that happened in October !

When I was a student nurse I had to do a work placement in an intensive care unit, looking after patients on ventilators and other life support equipment. My nearest and dearest thought this worrying as they had witnessed my attempts to master the video recorder, but I am happy to say that I managed not to kill anyone ( not that wasn't on their way out anyway )

If anyone knows how I can overcome this fear, write me a letter as I might not be able to get my email !

No comments: