Thursday 13 March 2014

Bedroom chatters

Every morning my husband talks to me, a big lot, till I wake up. Tis his usual habit, he does love a chat, so I get a good 45minutes of chat every morning. That's another little bit of married bliss that was new to me, I had trained the children not to speak until I was fully caffeinated, then I get himself, chatty is his middle name. He talks before and during my first coffee of the day. This has taken quite a deal of acclimatising to.

Andrew will chat about anything, he feels quite entitled to share his opinion on everything in the world and beyond with me, his opinion doesn't necessarily need to be wanted or qualified, I am his wife, therefore I will want to hear it.

Today's topic of choice was the moon. He was amazed that I didn't know someone had driven a car on it and that there was golf clubs and a family photo of some astronaut's wean on it. Frankly at 6.30 am I don't know my own name, I don't care about that either.

I told him so and qualified this with, "I don't have the spare brain capacity to wonder about someone's wean's photie being on the moon"

To which he replied "Yep, unless it's about what's for your dinner or neurological disorders, you're not interested"

Just my bloody luck for the honeymoon to be over before your food and work obsessed auntie has actually got on the plane.

10 comments:

Andy said...

This made me laugh so much I had to stop cooking your risotto.....:)

auntiegwen said...

Andrew - and very nice risotto is was too, please don't ever stop feeding me

Helena said...

I'm only ever chatted at if the morning looks 'fishable', besides that I'm fairly safe!

auntiegwen said...

Lena - come visit us, you'll have all the chat a woman could ever want

auntiegwen said...

Lena - come visit us, you'll have all the chat a woman could ever want

Gigi said...

Oh dear. I feel your pain. I've been married to mine for well over 20 years and he STILL likes to chat with me in the morning. He's a slow learner, that husband of mine.

Looking for Blue Sky said...

You see you said 'listen', and I could happily listen to anything in a decaffeinated state, so long as I just need to say 'yes; and 'no' occasionally, especially if it means that I'm going to get fed later :)

auntiegwen said...

Gigi - I know, I'm married to his brother! :)

LFBS - oh you don't have to say much, truly, and the food is delicious

Ayak said...

I'm afraid I'm the one that chatters in the morning and my husband hates it. Firstly his eyes glaze over, then eventually he says "Pleeeease stop". I never learn though...I still do it :-)

auntiegwen said...

Ayak - you can come and visit us then, you and mr auntiegwen will get on fine!