Thursday 7 August 2008

Romantic Gestures



In Starbucks yesterday the nice wee man who made my drink put a heart into the foam. Aawh, the nice.

Last night my email bicker reached entente cordiale with a spot of late night texting. I didn't even complain that he'd woken me up. I was made nice to by his affirming that despite the grumpfest there is still no one else he'd rather take to see Glasvegas. So a nice normal Pollyanna would have returned the sentiment but me, oh no, I have to have the last word (Ok, I fess up, that is where Beautiful Baby Daughter gets it from) and I reply that to be fair I had good reason to be grumpy.

I then receive a text saying and I quote "it's not just a band, not just a gig and not just a ticket, it's a fecking ROMANTIC GESTURE ! So there x "

Well, that's me told.

5 comments:

scrappysue said...

i haven't been reading your blog long, so i'm not sure of the current status of your love life (or lack there of?!?!) but i'll take a romantic gesture if it's going!!!

auntiegwen said...

Sue - I'm not sure of the current status of my love life (or lack thereof !?!?) and I'm in it !!!

and like you I'll take any kind of remantic gesture going

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

That was kind of nice - telling you it was a romantic gesture. I'd definitely go for that. Margot xx

auntiegwen said...

Margot - he is kinda nice, he's a whole lot of other things too, but I know that there was a massive amount of effort put into getting these tickets and it really was a huge gesture.

Entent cordial remains

Antonio Candeliere said...

very good