Monday 9 June 2008

Consulting

I seem to be flavour of the month at work. Oh yes, there has been notice of your auntie by the big high heid yins. They seem to think I am very what splendid. In fact so many nice things have been said, I apparently can save the educational system all by my own self I am that clever. I am beginning to think if I was chocolate, I would eat myself.
The result of this is, at work today I was asked how much I would charge for a days consultancy work.Now I have no clue for I am a consultancy virgin ( ok, to save you the trouble, I'll say it myself... thats one of the few types of virginity left to me, boom boom !!!) consultancy sounds like a grown up sort of scary type stuff that will probably involve technology which we all know your auntie is feart of.

So, I have been asked to do a few days of educational consultancy with an emphasis on multi sensory learning.

And they have told me to name my price !!

Aw feck, now I'm scared

12 comments:

Shirley said...

It would scare me, too, but I'll bet you'll do great! Just don't set your price too low so that you're a bargain. They want what's in your head, they'll have to PAY for it! (After all, you ARE going to save the entire country, one educational system at a time ;)

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

200 shecks per day is the usual for teaching - unless you can screw some more out of them for having a sense of humour with it. If they don't cough up the readdies the tell them that ye urny gonnae teach anything withoot a good whack aw greenbacks in yer paw fur aw yer trubble!

How nice to get great feedback, bet you are on top of the world!

indigo16 said...

I think they might pay me £200 to bugger off at the moment. They just do not understand that this blog is a full time job! the kids just get in the way.
Congrats on the extra PAID work dont forget your VAT!

Working Mum said...

Ooo, exciting. Could be the start of something new. How nice to be headhunted!

My advice on fees - contact your union, they have average rates they recommend for this kind of stuff.

Liam said...

NO VAT - You aren't registered. Charge 250 per day plus expenses :)

(Oh, and nice running this morning - I am proud of you)

Professional Mum said...

I'm with Liam - £250 per day sounds fair. I'm paying a landscape gardener £200 pd at the mo, plus keeping him in tea and choccie biccies!

ME said...

Yikes I'd be a bit scared too, but CONGRATS that is awesome. Now go do your research and come up with a good figure - you don't want to sell yourself short.

Mean Mom said...

I'm very impressed! I wouldn't have had any idea what to ask, but you have received some recommendations, in your comments, which seem very fair! Best of luck with everything!

Thanks for coming to my virtual birthday party, on Saturday. It was a great day.

Squirmy Popple said...

I'd say 200-250 a day is probably fair. Consultants make a ton of money!

Laura said...

Congrat's that's fab new's it's not everyday you learn that you are adored. That's pricless in it's self.

lisa q. said...

Woot! Woot! Go Gwen! When you finish saving the education system there, could you come across the pond and save ours? It's a mess!

auntiegwen said...

Why thank you kindly for all your comments on this. I am still a wee bitty unsure about this but then, I think about training stuff I ve been on as a participant and the consultant didn't have a baldy and I think maybe I can do it

thank you one and all