Thursday 26 June 2008

Musical Meme

I have been tagged by Indigo16 for this lovely meme, I'm really pleased as I've never been asked for a musical one before.

The rules of the game as set by Simon Reynolds: “List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring. Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs.



The newest single from Glasvegas, I love the first verse, really poignant words, and I thank you for deciphering them and sending me them.



Now you knew this post would be Killers heavy, but I have restrained myself to 2. " For Reasons Unknown" This is the theme tune for my new life. I am a completely different woman than I was 2 years ago, and even 1 year ago, I go on, never looking back, like it says in the song "If Destiny's kind, I've got the rest of my life" and I'm going to live it.



My very favourite song ever, The Undertones - "Teenage Kicks", perfection.



The Killers - "The Ballad of Michael Valentine" , the best bit is at the end just after he sings " I've got a coat tail left to ride" and you get the bestest guitar riff, but you need to have it up loud for full effect.




The Dandy Warhols - "Bohemian Like You" - again best loud and I've provided some nakedness both male and female, I cater for all on this blog. Repeat after me, " You're the best auntie ever auntiegwen"



The Pink Spiders - "Little Razorblade" Their album " Teenage Graffiti" belongs to Eldest Beautiful Daughter but it lives in my car, it's happy there. She thinks she's lent it out but can't remember to whom, I keep quiet, bad auntiegwen, bad.




Fun Lovin Criminals - " The Fun Lovin Criminal", what can I say? I like Huey and I've got really fun memories of Beautiful Baby Daughter being very young and singing along loudly from the back seat.

So thank you Alison, I've loved this, please feel free to have a go on your own blog, I'd like to know what the Edge is listening to but he never does tags, so it'll be the usual suspects, you know who you are...

10 comments:

Neil said...

Pretty good choices. Drop by tomorrow (Sunday) and I'll see what I can do... just this once mind!

Edge

Laura said...

Lovin' the pink spiders, never heard of them before.

Mean Mom said...

I'm really glad no-one gave this tag to me! I could only have come up with 2 or 3 songs, at the most! I just don't listen to music like I did when I was young.

auntiegwen said...

Edge - nice choices of yours my friend and I seem to remember way back in Jan 07 on this very blog, I had to do some persuading of you to accept my Killers fixation.

Laura - see, you can still learn things from yer auntie

MM - I have just about given up TV which is why I've got the time, plus when I run, I listen

cheekie said...

I must say...very nice list!
Love the Undertones - didn't know there was a video! woohoo...adding it to my faves.

indigo16 said...

VERY impressed you have been able to embed your videos, so shame on me!
Great choices, I should have remembered Fun Lovin Criminals too. I also find that Dandy Warhols very anthemic. Thanks for joining in.

auntiegwen said...

Cheekie - love that song and if you youtube it you can get the original demo version but that wouldn't embed on my blog

Alison - happy to do any tag you set me, I loved your stuff also, even the edge did this tag ! and as for the embedding, I wanted mine like yours !! IT god tried to help me but I think he eventually had to admit defeat with my general numptyness !!

DAB said...

Auntiegwen, Great meme. The sound card on our bloody computer has gone on the blinkin' blink. Otherwise, you know I would be the first one to do this m'dear as I just love music.Yes indeed. Sorry, a new laptop is on my christmas list.Just got to be good for Father Christmas ;-) TFX

Professional Mum said...

Loving the Killers! Have just played very loudly in the office and everyone stopped to have a little bop. Auntie Gwen - the virtual DJ!

auntiegwen said...

TF - shame, you can do this another time though

red _ The Killers are fab, aren't they ?