Friday 27 August 2010

This week I have been mainly...

My life this week has been filled with undeniably necessary but very tedious work, kids, life, supermarkets and money stuff. There are no great imparting of wisdom's from your auntie (are there ever?) or even wee funnies to lay upon you. But as I am a sharing, caring sort of auntie...

This is what's been in my head this week.

My car needed a coil fitting, not to stop her reproducing more little A class Mercedes (that might help my cash flow somewhat) but to make her drive nicely and to stop the nasty warning light appearing in my dashboard. It cost me a lot of money. In nice lady things maths I could have bought a pair of LK Bennett peep toe platforms but not a pair of Louboutains so fair play.

I finally replaced my mobile phone, just in case I ever get the opportunity to whisper sweet nothings. My phone only worked on speakerphone and if ANY but esp Beautiful Baby Daughter child heard a male voice they would appear, miraculously able to hear and have a good listen. If I actually want/need them to do a chore, I have to scream like a fishwife to get their attention, as they are constantly plugged into ipods, headsets that play Call of Duty or asleep.

I have succumbed to a crackberry, it's a beautiful shade of purple and it matches my handbag and purse. Yep, that was the deciding factor. BB pin is available on request, no idea what you'll do with it but apparently you can text me for free. Yep, the children are gutted that this level of technology is wasted on me.

I am contemplating Twitter on my new fancy crackberry. Would you like to hear more random musings squidged into 140 characters?

I have got to sell 20 tickets for a charity curry buffet evening. They cost £12.50 each and I have sold 2, 1 to Hot Boy (who can't eat in public - yep he's as weird as EBD with his quirks) and 1 to my friend Sixy who I love. I have to sell them by Monday. I have zero chance of doing so.

I am dreaming amazingly vivid and completely bonkers dreams, on Wednesday night I was flying with my friend Sixy to Nice which was in Monaco in my dream and I was about to miss the plane which was leaving from terminal 3. In my dream terminal 3 looked suspiciously like Arrecife airport in Lanzarote. I woke up before I found out if we got there. On Thursday I piloted a helicopter into my friend Eileen's garden where she accused me of sleeping with her partner who in the dream was Leo Sayer. I can't wait to find out what my subconscious has in store for me tonight.

I have injured my feet running this week. I now have very fetching back toenails, I will have to wait until my nails fall off in a few months. Yes, I know it's gross and you have no need to know, I will paint them shocking pink and pretend they're still fine. I'm sorry that was definitely too much information.

Should you wish to ping me, eat curry with me, follow me on twitter, unravel my subconscious just let me know.

If not, have a great weekend, if you're in the UK enjoy the extra day off on Monday and just be happy that your mind is undoubtedly in much better fettle than mine!

13 comments:

Troy said...

There is nothing more frustrating than waking before the end of a dream, especially if someone else woke you up. So selfish of them.

AGuidingLife said...

curry yes, twitter no. Glad I'm not the only one who offsets bills against shoes and handbags to work out affect on purse and buys phones based on colour. Leo Sayer - Leo bloody Sayer : get yourself off to a counseller woman and fast!

Looking for Blue Sky said...

Can't eat curry any longer :( But would love to follow you on Twitter!

libby said...

Will blogland lose you if you 'twit'?

Gigi said...

I already follow you on Twitter - but your never there and I'm rarely there so - that relationship is faltering already....

But once you get the hang of the BB you will LOVE it! I'd ping you - but I've yet to be able to successfully ping anyone....my friends have had to ping me. So once you figure it out - let me know and I'll give you my pin.

Ah - the language of technology....isn't it beautiful? Not.

Ayak said...

I love your posts...they always make me smile.

I don't think I could cope with any type of mobile other than my ancient Nokia very simple one. And as for Twitter...I've only just come to grips with Facebook. Oh no...can't cope with anything else!

auntiegwen said...

Troy - and last night when I was looking forward to a dream, nada, my subconscious is a spiteful bitch

S - I know, my mind's a mess :)that's the children's fault

LFBS - if I tweet I'm going to have to use a different name as auntiegwen is already taken, don't follow her, she's a fake auntie

Libby - oh no I've more than enough crap to go around

Gigi - she's not me, she's just pretending to be me (or maybe she is just another auntie called Gwen) I'll have to find a twitter name

Ayak - it took me quite a long time to get to facebook too :)

Sueann said...

I do facebook and very rarely (three x a year) do twitter! I too have a Crackberry and I would love to ping you! Or you could ping me! LOL! I get my email on the phone and that is cool!
And I love curry..so count me in on that one too!
Hugging you
SueAnn

Laura said...

Definatley get a twitter!!! Your twitter name could be The real auntie Gwen or mrs tennant or shoe-aholic. just a few ideas to get yah thinking

glad it was your car that needs fitted with a coil and not you lol scary things that they are heheh!

scrappysue said...

i'd love to text you for free! congrats on the new purple phone

Mrs Worthington said...

I love the fact that you equate your car bill back into lady finance terms ie shoes. You are a lady after my own heart. get yerself on twitter it's fun and great for those one liners that wouldn't stretch to a blog. Your followers need you!

Half of team FC said...

I have toenails in various states of disrepair, due to running related traumas.....a couple are black, 3 are not there at all.

Mine are painted a sparkly black shade......skin and all......

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.