Sunday 19 September 2010

auntiegwen's top laughs of the week

This week has been a bit of a roller coaster emotionally with the departure of Eldest Beautiful Daughter so any little light relief has been greatly welcomed. As you know I live in a house full of comedians, this is the only thing that stops me running away. So, in no particular order the things that made me chuckle are

The Beautiful Son


As EBD has been at home sans work for 3 months she had taken over loads of the housework. On being told he would have to help out with the cleaning as EBD has gone, the bold boy has got himself a paper round. To pay for a cleaner. I kid you not.

Hot Boy


After a slight disagreement with EBD, she smacked him one, playfully. He came in to me and complained about her behaviour. He wanted me to make her write an apology to his future wife explaining why they wouldn't be able to have children. He went on to clarify that it was his favourite testicle that she'd hurt. The one that hangs lower than the other, apparently that's the good one. Who knew you could have a favourite?

Also, I do want to tell you about his cure for the glums but this is a family blog and it might upset you. Hot Boy is a massive giver of too much information.

Beautiful Baby Daughter


Sobbed her heart out all the way home from dropping EBD off. When we arrived home she went and lay on EBD's bed. 10 minutes later she appeared in the lounge wearing EBD's coat and her black patent leather shoe boots. Having full and unrestricted access to all EBD's clothes she can't take to uni (tiny wardrobes) is a great cure for BBD's glums. Cheered her right up.

Eldest Beautiful Daughter

Her facebook status at 3.30am today read...

the walls are so thin in this flat I can hear the guy upstairs chucking up. lovely.

Get used to it, sweetie, I'm sure it will be a recurring theme.

The ex mr auntiegwen

Offered the daughters chewing gum in his car yesterday. Sore point as I don't allow it and also that BBD was caught chewing it at school (also not allowed) and got a detention. Even though I pointed all this out, the gum was still proffered with a cheeky grin.

Which very quickly disappeared when I took it from his hands and threw it out his car window.

19 comments:

Nota Bene said...

It's a sitcom...not the real thing...I'm sure!

auntiegwen said...

NB - you know more than anyone how real this is

Sandi said...

Awwww, thank goodness for the ability to laugh. The boyfriend sounds like my eldest, the sharer of info. beyond normal sharing.
x Sandi

AGuidingLife said...

I would be very worried that hot boy i sprepared to share sooo much with future M-I-L!!!!!

You could sell this stuff - honestly, NB has hit the nail on th ehead!

Not From Lapland said...

a favourite testicle? well who knew? I wonder if all men have one...i feel the need to do a poll...

Gigi said...

Really? They have favorites?!

Troy said...

Hitler didn't have a favourite.

Ayak said...

Great post...it provided me with a much needed chuckle xx

Working Mum said...

The paper round to pay for a cleaner made me laugh, such a male thing to do.

Just off now to ask hubby if he has a favourite............

Madame DeFarge said...

I have checked with M. DeFarge. he also has a favourite. I am beyond shocked. I am also sure that cleaners of Sheffield may be about the double their rates when they learn the type of household they face.

Looking for Blue Sky said...

Mind you I'd do a paper round if it would pay for a cleaner xx

Expat mum said...

Great post. My 7 year old is angst-filled already at the thought of our Queenager taking off next summer. He seriously thinks he will never see her again. I never really thought about how her leaving would affect the other kids, but Little Guy we will have to keep an eye on. Man-Child on the other hand, will be eyeing up her room with the ensuite bathroom! (Even though it's a delicate pastel hue.)

auntiegwen said...

Sandi - glad Hot Boy's not the only one! x

S - apparently he tries to filter it for me, EBD cringes at what he tells his own mother. As I always say my life is funny when you don't have to live it

Heather - reading the comments it appears they do, you learn something new every day

Gigi - yep, I know my blog is a mine of useless information

Troy - and you know that because...

Ayak - I still can't comment on your blog, I'll pop back and report it again

WM - lazy article that he is

Madame - I don't live anywhere near Sheffield, much further South but don't tell the cleaners round here anyway

LFBS - if I only had his amount of chores I'd be laughing ! xx

EM - oh her bedroom is being coveted with covety covetousness but it will remain hers

Autumn Mist said...

Hot Boy sounds frighteningly like my youngest son. Let's hope they never meet. Will also discuss said anatomy query with hubby later (can't really text him at work and ask him, now can I?)

Rarelesserspotted said...

There's ALWAYS something to smile about. I never had a favourite btw. When my lads went to uni, I couldn't try their clothes on, they are ten sizes smaller than me.
Enjoy the different atmosphere around the place.
xx

Curry Queen said...

Fantastic - I must ask the boys in my house if they have a favourite testicle. Also admire your son's entrepreneurial spirit! TD already "borrows" all of TS's hoodies mainly on the grounds that all her friends are in love with him and it makes them jealous to see her wearing them!

blueskyscotland said...

Ah,the Beautiful Son sounds like a clone of my good self :)

Perhaps you could get in touch with the relevant Minister in Whitehall and suggest compulsory housework as a cure for youth unemployment ?

Exit stage left hordes of spotty teenagers in search of Macjobs :)

Alex.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post, I am considering talking about the same in my blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi there

This post was interesting, how long did it take you to write?