Wednesday 8 September 2010

I've had a very puzzling day

Today when I arrived at work I found the carpark absolutely full. Not a space left and some very creative parking had been going on. Our office only has 4 people working in it, I always arrive first and the carpark is completely empty. I had to park round the corner and walk back, an hour later when everyone else arrived the car park was back to it's normal empty self again. They looked at me like I was mental when I told them I couldn't get a space.

At 11 am my lovely gorgeous shiny purple crackberry pinged a new email. The sender was the ex Beautiful Man, I nearly died when I saw his name in my inbox. We haven't spoken since January 2008 when I left him. I had to have a coffee before I could open it, when I did there was a sweet soppy message. This confused me muchly. I became even more confused when I read the date sent 27th June 2007. WTF? I don't even begin to understand that.

I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for it. Or there's always gin.

19 comments:

Madame DeFarge said...

I'd go for the gin. A bottle in fact. And ignore your crackberry. Much like I do...

Gigi said...

Very odd indeed! Yup, go with the gin! It will make more sense that way.

Anonymous said...

Gin, gin, gin.... and one for the crackberry to make it behave itself.

Anonymous said...

I've heard of emails arriving much later than you would expect, but two and a half years later is really odd. Yes, gin. Copious amounts, if possible.

Ayak said...

That's very odd. If it were me I would have to find out why he sent it and why it took so long to arrive. But I'd probably have to stop myself finding out and settle for the gin.

Nota Bene said...

You've been time travelling with Dr Who again...you must stop stalking David Tenant....

libby said...

Nota Bene pinched my comment.
p.s. have emailed you....and gin is always good.

scrappysue said...

GIN! DRINK GIN!!!

Sueann said...

Yup!! Drink the gin for sure!! That is totally weird and I would be confused too!?
Hugs
SueAnn

Curry Queen said...

Wow! It's either a time warp or life viewed through the bottom of a Gordon's bottle. I'd go for the Gordon's every time!

AGuidingLife said...

I have the 'Tales of the Unexpected' music drifting round my head and an imagine of the silhouetted Auntie Gwen doing that odd dance

Mrs Worthington said...

That's spooky. I'd go with the consensus and drink the gin!

Muddling Along said...

Time travelling crackberry?

Scary

Yup go for the gin

Sandi said...

Hehehe, i just 'found'you, oh my gosh you are so funny, I had to read your dating guide, yep it is spot on. I am a tad older than you and fussy when it comes to men, I am a single girl after two marriages. Who wants to date crap guys. By the way I think your crackberry has 'cracked'
Sandi x

auntiegwen said...

Dearest All,

I promise that I have not been overfriendly with my Bombay blue but this very morning, the very same email came back to my crackberry. It's not showing on my regular email on my laptop but twice that email has come on the brand new crackberry!!!!!

Rarelesserspotted said...

Quite clearly, the Crackberry company have taken over where the Royal Mail left off. You'll be getting a WWll love letter from the western front shortly!

A Woman Of No Importance said...

Ooh, Gwennie, it's a time-travel novel in the making, that one!

You haven't bin dunking your crackberrin in gin, has 'oo?! x

A Woman Of No Importance said...

crackberry!

Helena said...

Jees - I still get the odd nicety
after 20 years. Still gushes guff (to my daughter) when he's drunk. Can't figure them out. We never will. Get the ice and the slice ready, girl!