Tuesday, 16 June 2009

Strange Little Things

I'm sure we all have our quirks, the funny little habits we have that we don't notice until they're pointed out to us. I have a fair few, for example...

I can't wash my knickers in anyone elses machine (even my mums) I have to use my own.

My knickers have to match my bra.

I always ask for tea, or say I'm making a cup of tea but I mean coffee, I've never drank tea, this confuses everyone except the children, they know I mean coffee.

I never use apostrophes in texts, I just leave a space. I also don't use a full stop I put a kiss in instead. I also hate to end a message without a kiss, it just seems wrong. Some friends (well, just the one actually) have their own special signature kiss ending.

I read at least 6 horoscopes every day and half believe them too. I don't like to date Virgo's either, they don't match well with Leo's, yes I know that's taking it too far.

11 comments:

TOM FOOLERY said...

:) x

Penelope said...

You are the sweetest thing! ;o) xxx

The Dotterel said...

Charlie calls everything we (that's Sarah and I) drink 'tea', whatever cup or glass it comes in and whatever colour, which is handy really... we drink a lot of 'tea' in our house!

auntiegwen said...

TF - I notice you didn't offer up any of your own ... x

Penelope - yep, it's ok I know I'm slightly bonkers

Tim - sure it's cute now but will it be when he's 42 ? Mind you Charlie's probably way smarter than me !

lisaq said...

Haha...I love you girl! You always have a way of making me smile. BTW, I totally get the bra matching the knickers thing. My girls think I'm nuts, but it's gotta be that way!

TOM FOOLERY said...

That be 'cause when God made me he created a perfect mould(!) ;-) TFx

Nota Bene said...

You're very intuitive. I only know I have quirks when good friends point them out. And then I'm all embarassed.

scrappysue said...

i don't care if my smalls match or not, but i'm weird in a whole heap of other ways. i hear ya!

Mud in the City said...

Matching underwear? You are much better than me...

Anonymous said...

That apostrophes thing is FECKIN' annoying. But the kisses thing si cool. xxxx x You meant me, right?

Anal Taurean

auntiegwen said...

Lisa - it's nice to feel in control of one area of your life, even if it is only your pants !

Tf - you are indeed perfect xx

NB - you must really struggle being my friend, I love to pounce upon a quirk, as you know x

Sue - always good to meet one of your own, welcome to weird 40 something women.com x

Mud - I'm sure you're tres chic really x

Edge - would you stop giving out to me about punctuation ? it's not the most important thing in a friendship you know xxxx x