Monday 17 October 2011

10 reasons you should go to Turkey



I'm lucky enough to go there a few times a year, my house is on the outskirts of a fair sized village and really close to the beautiful Olu Deniz beach. Everywhere I look I can see the most amazing scenery. Let me persuade you to visit

It really is beautiful, the seas are crystal clear and the sand white

The mountains look so incredible, you don't have to look far for a great view

The people are so friendly and helpful

Nothing is too much trouble and people genuinely want you to have the best time

You can rent my house, it's lovely, honest

The local food is amaaaaazing - it's agriculturally self suffiecient and the fruit and veg have real proper flavour, you eat what's in season and it tastes all the better for it

The local cheeses, nuts, olives and oils are fabulous

Eating and drinking are very reasonably priced, it's not in the euro so it's a very affordable holiday

You will be given free bread and olives in 90% of restaurants before your meal at no charge. The bread is lush. You will nearly always be offered free coffee and sometimes a free liqour as well after dinner

Did I mention the sunshine? it's very sunny there.

9 comments:

mannanan said...

Sounds like heaven. Hope you have a good holiday.

Nota Bene said...

I've only been to Turkey once...and that was to Olu Deniz...it was indeed a wonderful, wonderful plcae

Mrs Worthington said...

ok I am sold. How do I book?

Anonymous said...

I'm on my way to the airport!

Anonymous said...

I'm on my way to the airport!

Troy said...

You do a great sell of the place. Incidently, I did find your Turkish house on a rentals website (I recognised the same photo you've used on your blog) but they have the wrong map for its location as they show it way inland. You should get them to change it as it would put people off renting it thinking it is located in the middle of the country - it confused me when I first looked at it.

Helena said...

Turkey's a favourite of my daughter's. Looks and sounds amazing! I think PrettyBoy would manage the rent on this place no bother...! *sigh*

Mac n' Janet said...

Lived in Turkey for a couple of years and everything you say is true, can I really book your house?

Looking for Blue Sky said...

Hope all okay in Turkey xx