Thursday 18 June 2015

20

Today my beautiful son is 20, tomorrow my beautiful baby daughter sits her last A2 level and will never be at school again.

Sometimes  it seems like in a heartbeat they are grown and gone. Sometimes when they are being particularly challenging, the grown up and gone thing can be a long time coming.

This photo was taken on Olu Deniz beach in 2005 or 6, I think, it shows Jack and Lucy on an empty beach, just playing. It has always been one of my favourites.


Happy birthday Jack 
Good luck Lucy
I love you more than you will ever know.
You are both, and always will be, a cuisle mo chridhe, the beat of my heart

9 comments:

ADDY said...

I empathise. The time just rushes by and yet they will forever be your children! I'm having one of those "where has the time gone" moments too.

auntiegwen said...

Thank you Addy, Kay must never be far from your thoughts x

Andy said...

Beautiful photograph, beautiful children.

Gigi said...

They do grow up so very quickly.

Helena said...

Boy, does time zoom. It takes me longer to go through photo albums but I find myself sifting over their preteen ones more often. Belated birthday wishes to Jack.

libby said...

Sweet picture..xxxx

Trish said...

Oh yes, I can relate to this. Sometimes I need to look at old photos of Rory at different ages to remind me of all the things he did, what he looked like etc. Time has gone so quickly I have to stop and remember and then I feel better.

Lesley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nota Bene said...

Do children ever grow up? Sure they love you as much as you love them, but sometimes they may not realise it...