Saturday 28 February 2009

26 - 6

A very good afternoon for your auntie. The Beautiful Son and myself watching the rugby. I need him with me as he explains every touch of the ball to me, I don't get it otherwise. Scotland won and so did Ireland. I have a strict preference in who I support, it goes like this

Scotland - because I'm Scottish
Ireland - because my mammy is Irish
France - because I love France (and Chabal and Szarzewski aren't too shabby)
Wales - because they're Celtic

I cannot support any other teams, so give out to me if you like, I know I live in England but I can't and won't support them and if that makes me a bad person so be it.

But what a day for me, my fave 2 teams winning and Ireland still on for the grand slam. I have lost my voice, I have screamed and I mean screamed like the big fat girl I am all afternoon. If you've been with me for a while, you'll know I have an irrational prejudice against Italians, I can't help it, okay I don't want to help it, I hate the feckers.

I really hated them last year with that wee fecker and his drop goal 40 seconds from time, but today was glorious, 26-6 and Simon Danelli and his beautiful try. I am so happy.

8 comments:

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Och hen, how can ye no support Engerland? I am dual nationality! Multiple personality! and generally very confused! I love Scotland, I love England, I love Ireland and I love Wales! Oh and I also love France because of the 'Auld Alliance'

They were grand old games today and for once we - Scotland - bloody well won! Wey bloody hey!

Rest that voice tomorrow or ye'll no be able tae teach on Monday - oh and get that flipping smear test done okay? Hugs Hennus Mcdiddlus.

Mean Mom said...

Glad you had a good afternoon! I'm not interested in rugby, but often watch it, because my husband and student son like it. I have no excuse not to support England, so I root for them every time.

Tim Atkinson said...

I don't blame you not supporting England after that disgraceful effort in Dublin. I'm about as Anglo-Saxon as they come, but I'm thinking of switching my allegiencies to Wales. (I do have a little Celtic blood!)

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness we'll have more important things to gossip about at the end of the month - would hate to be refused entry Chez Auntie because I support England ;o) xxx

Nota Bene said...

Yep you're bad, and I'm sending round the immigration police to make you do the nationality test....

auntiegwen said...

Mobs - I'm on it, it'll take me months but I'll get it done x

MM - as you should, they're your team

Tim - Wales are playing so well, nice to see it

Pen - you will be most welcome chez auntie, no matter who you support, and indeed we will have LOTS more to talk about xxx

auntiegwen said...

NB - you popped in while my back was turned, like you said to me the other day, feck off, you're lucky I wasn't tormenting you with it last night, I was VERY restrained !

Anonymous said...

Haha...you are so funny. Glad your teams fared so well.