Tuesday 31 May 2011

Things you don't want to read

Dear Client

Please be advised that Travel Junky is currently in the process of entering into voluntary liquidation and will cease trading formally on 31/05/2011 (today)


This is what greeted me this morning in an email and I clicked on it quite happily as I thought it contained my boarding passes for next weeks trip to Portugal.

And as I am not turning into my mother AT ALL, I am completely reassured by their declaration that " If you have made a booking with us and are concerned about receiving our service then you do not need to worry because all our suppliers have already been paid in full so no clients should be affected by this"

Sure, it'll all be fine. I'm not concerned at all, not even a teeny tiny bit.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

On no!! Fingers crossed for you....

Trish said...

Oh Lord! Think positive...think positive!

Elderberry-Rob said...

oh my goodness Aunty, I am hoping you paid by credit card as that will protect you. Bettyx

Andy said...

Ah, it'll be fiiiine.

:)

libby said...

Focus on 'it will be all ok' over and over again x

Ayak said...

Of course you're not worried. Of course it will be fine. Nothing to worry about. I was just going to say what Betty said...did you pay by credit card?

Penelope Grey said...

I am sure you will be fine Aunty Gwen, keeping everything crossed just in case though!

Looking for Blue Sky said...

Just hoping this was a bad dream x

Gigi said...

Of *course* you should be reassured by that declaration. They would *never* mislead you on purpose....right?

Fingers crossed that all goes well.

Curry Queen said...

Oh no! Andy and the Shah have become one person (It'll be fine - the Shah's favourite expression). I can only suggest you sit cross legged on the floor and chant OM long and loud. Well, either that or drink a bottle of gin - whichever is easier.

Troy said...

I think the key word is VOLUNTARY. They couldn't do that if they were insolvent, then it would be involuntary (done by their creditors). So I would have thought that you were okay.

AGuidingLife said...

Bugger

Kitty said...

Well, better that note, I suppose, than one that's telling you that your pregnancy test came back positive....

Hugs and quiches from Kitty xx

Nota Bene said...

We'll have a whip round if needs be...

auntiegwen said...

Dearest All

I always pay for travel by credit card, just in case. I have my boarding cards printed off and have contacted the hotel and apparently they know we're coming and it's been paid. Only thing that isn't confirmed is the transfer so if we have to make our own way from the airport it isn't the end of the world. So fingers crossed and thanks for all good wishes, positive vibes and all.

Velveteen Rabbit said...

Hey I'm arriving there myself on the 11th! Make sure you leave some vino and sardinas for me ;) x